View Single Post
Old November 2, 1999, 09:21 AM   #18
Matt VDW

I have a Gun Glove IWB holster for a Colt Commander. It seems to be a well made, well finished product, perhaps a little better than the Blade Tech IWB I have in terms of quality, but I don't like the design.

Problem #1 - There's no "shirt guard", or whatever the term is for the piece of material that extends up from the body of the holster to keep the upper part of the pistol from rubbing against the wearer's body. This probably isn't a problem for the lean, mean, special warfare professional, but for an ordinary, over-fed American like me, having the sharp edges of the hammer and slide pressing into a "love handle" isn't comfortable.

Problem #2 - The placement of the belt loop makes the holster needlessly thick. Why put the loop right next to the slide? Moving it back 1.5" or so would make for a slimmer, more concealable package.

For these reasons, my Mad Dog holster is sitting in the "Not Quite Right" box now. It's not a bad holster but IMHO it's not the epitome of kydex holsterdom, either.

Page generated in 0.02095 seconds with 8 queries