Thread: IDPA Sights
View Single Post
Old March 6, 2014, 08:07 AM   #7
Ghost22

I don’t have much action pistol experience (I’ve competed with shotguns and some metallic silhouette), so I was thinking working on the software (i.e. me) than the hardware. So far, I have tried to limit myself to very cheap upgrades on the pistol: I’ve put $5 of grip tape over the cheap plastic grips, and I’ve glued leather pads (made from an old belt) to the bottom of the magazines to help protect the base plates. All my other monetary investments are in reloading components.

I noticed while practicing moving while aiming in my garage that the front site gets lost in its own shadow often. While this shouldn’t be as noticeable when I’m on an outdoor range, the club also uses an indoor range that I hope to go to one of these days. I’ve also read a fiber optic sight helps shooters ‘follow the dot’ during recoil, but I have had a chance to validate this yet.

Part of this question is figuring out whether I can get away with another relatively cheap upgrade by purchasing a stock height FO front sight for $40 and just blacken the rear dots, or do I need to wait until I can justify $80 for a taller FO front and taller ‘improved’ rear sight.

Page generated in 0.03152 seconds with 8 queries