View Single Post
Old July 16, 2013, 01:09 PM   #18
reynolds357

Over the years I have had several Ruger bolt action rifles. I kept two because a family member gave one to me and because I would take too much of a beating on the other to sell it. I now have an American and its ok. Back to the 77's, in my opinion, they are some of the prettiest pieces of junk to ever role off an assembly line. They are beautiful, but they are scatterguns. My most notorious Ruger is my 77 Ruger custom heavy barrel in 6ppc. It was supposed to be a rifle built to "match tolerances." The stupid thing will barely and I do mean barely shoot sub MOA. In all honesty you have to work very hard to make a 6 PPC shoot that bad. I have done everything to it (short of re-barrel) and the stupid thing wont shoot. I will eventually re-barrel it, but its not high on my priority list at the moment. I had a .22-250 M77 that had the chamber cut off square. I owned several others that just shot like dogs.
I have a safe full of Winchester bolt rifles in various configurations and love every one of them.

Page generated in 0.02930 seconds with 8 queries