View Single Post
Old April 17, 2013, 12:24 PM   #299
Kochman

Listen, BF, I understand the strictest wording would have you believe that...
However, it's 2013, and that's nowhere near reality.
It doesn't really help to argue about it, as it is so deeply ingrained in our culture, society... the way you are reading it only amendments would make law changes possible... but you're reading it too strictly, or else the US Marshals Service, etc wouldn't exist... because not specifically called for...

Again, the implied stuff often comes from the wording of the Preamble, which some people don't want to accept because it is so vague... but that's the reality of the document. The preamble is the basis for the entire, incomplete document.

Anyhow, you're using "enumeration"... it wasn't used in the sense you are using it in the COTUS or BoR from what I can find.
In fact, it says, the enumeration within the COTUS will not be used limit people... it doesn't say it is limiting government.

It's a moot point, but if I am wrong on this last part I'd like to know, to be honest.
I just feel like, at this point, it's getting upset about something we have no control over... and that's a seriously frustrating feeling. You're trying to argue for us to go back in time and reset everything... including the Civil War.

Page generated in 0.02485 seconds with 8 queries