View Single Post
Old March 5, 2012, 08:05 PM   #3
tAKticool

Well if your local place will "sight it in" for free then by all means, why not. And then exactly right, you take it and shoot it and make minor changes.

My Mossberg 930SPX came with expensive LPA Ghost Ring Sights from Italy and I also added an Aimpoint Micro. I needed not sight in either really, the ghost ring sights were fine at 25 yds with 00 Buck and when I put the Aimpoint Micro on the factory rail, I made just MINOR adjustments to put the red dot just about on the front fiber optic sight "dot" , just a little above it. It also became about perfect at 25 yds with 00 Buck ... Now for the info, my local indoor range is 25 yds and I figured, I am gonna use it for HD and use 00 Buck and if I am inside a person torso target with the 00 Buck at 25 yds, I am golden for home because I wouldn't even be firing if something was 25 yds away.

Now I certainly understand, if you're hunting deer or hog with a slug at 100yds you will need maybe some more fine tuning, but yeah I would just treat it like a rifle and scope. Put the reflex sight on, if they can boresight it for you good, then just shoot and adjust shoot and adjust as best you can, really is that simple.

Page generated in 0.03301 seconds with 8 queries