View Single Post
Old September 8, 2009, 11:57 PM   #35
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
But I also think Richard Davis would disagree with you. He used to regularly demonstrate his faith in his products in the most vivid possible way. You might say he stood behind his work...
But not with 2 year old Zylon vests.

Quote:
One thing I haven't seen discussed, although I've wondered it myself; knowing your partner is wearing a vest, would you consider intentionally using him as a backstop? If you knew his vest would stop your duty ammo, it would ALMOST make sense to do so-although it would take great communication and trust.
As noted there is the chance of missing the vest itself. The other aspect is that you don't know that the vest being worn will stop the round. That is why they are called bullet resistant and not bullet proof. Yes, a vest rated for a given round should stop the round, but as at least 2 cops found out with their 2nd Chance Zylon vests (of which one died). Even if the vest stops the round, there is the potential for serious injury due to blunt force trauma.

Page generated in 0.04373 seconds with 8 queries