View Single Post
Old October 1, 2005, 04:59 PM   #1
Doug.38PR

Using a silencer

It is legal to get a silencer (some people suppressor and say that silencer is a hollywood term...but I dunno) in some states if you register it with the county sheriff I'm told.
I really don't know why they are so regulated (I guess people feel they are nothing but an assassins tool to quietly kill someone....but then so is a knife It's all effeminate pychology I guess, just like switchblade knives, they used to be .50 cents in the local drugstore now they are banned because the first thing you ID a SBK with is a hood with a leather jacket and greasy hair like the Fonz (okay he was a reformed hood, I won't disrespect the Fonz ).) The Geneva convention outlaws silencers in war too I understand.
Anyway, it would seem to me that a silencer for your revolver or auto would be, in a way, ideal for this reason: It is quieter and you won't go deaf if you have to use the gun indoors or in your car.
I've been told that a silencer can be as quiet as a Coke bottle opening for the first time (depending on the type of silencer I suppose).
Anyone have any experience with silencers?
When driving in my car, or even sometimes on my person, I wouldn't mind having one on my pistol if it mean't that I (and others) wouldn't have ringing ears or deaf ears after having to use the gun to shoot some thug. On the other hand, the downside is it would be some other bulky item to give more bulk and length to the gun (harder to conceal on person and clear holster).

Any thoughts?

Doug

Page generated in 0.04080 seconds with 8 queries