View Single Post
Old June 30, 2012, 03:45 PM   #80
amprecon

I had lusted after an M1A for years and finally did get one. I have discovered, IMO, that to get the most out of a .308 caliber rifle, it should be scoped. As an M1A or any military style 7.62X51mm rifle is already heavy, adding any attachments to it sends it over the edge in weight as far as I'm concerned.

Again, in my experience, it was hard to justify a .308 battle rifle when the intermediate calibers unscoped are softer shooting, lighter, shorter, handier and in the right calibers, almost as effective as the .308 within their effective range envelope.

So as much as I liked the M1A, I found it impractical for my uses, sold it and bought a bolt gun in .308 and scoped it.

As a practical person, I had no real "need" for the M1A as my other rifles had the "bases covered".

As far as my collection goes, I have a milled AK, an AR in 6.8spc and a Remington 700 SPS Tactical in .308. I could probably narrow this down to one or two and be completely satisfied. If I had to get rid of one of these it'd probably be the AK and from a practical standpoint be totally covered, but I just can't get rid of any of these.
"Cause I got nothin' better to do."

Page generated in 0.03157 seconds with 8 queries