View Single Post
Old September 27, 2010, 08:17 AM   #6
therealdeal

Quote:
Quote(by the realdeal):
I would like to holster up my ruger gp100 .357 someday for concealed carry as one example.

start response quote:

Pocket holsters work pretty well for small, pocket sized guns. My Ruger LCP or, and I can pull this off but others can, a snub nose are good examples of pocket carry.

Your GP is likely a gun that would work best OWB. You didn't mention barrel length, but with the cylinder width and barrel, it might be a tad uncomfortable carrying IWB. Unless you've got big pockets, pocket carry is out.

Carrying a large frame revolver can be done, but you'll have to dress around the gun. Secondly, you'll need a good holster. I prefer leather. Finally, and above all else, you'll need a good gun belt. A regular belt won't support the weight of the gun.
Kreyzhorse, I have updated&edited my original thread post. yes, I like leather too. I use my in-the-pocket holster for my Taurus CIA 650 .357 revolver (2" barrel stainless steel 23.9oz)

my ruger GP100 .357 is 6" barrel; thank you for your input/advice

"Abraham Lincoln freed all men, but Sam Colt made them all equal." (post Civil War slogan)

Page generated in 0.03461 seconds with 8 queries