Thread: Leather Help
View Single Post
Old August 26, 2002, 11:55 AM   #5
HSGI

Dfariswheel ,
I did not mention the use of a shoe stretcher , but the solution called " Shoe Stretch " .
And this solution will not harm the finish of the leather nor your weapon . The only finish it may harm is the Acrylic resolene , which is water base .
Which Acrylic resolene can be purchased to redress , distressed leather after time goes on .
True over-stretching leather is not advised . What out for some types of silicone sprays , as some ingrediants may harm the life span of leather . Some leather conditioners are better than silicone sprays , but do not get caught up in the misconception / wise tales like Saddle Soap being a conditioner when it is merely and only a cleaner , nothing else . But works well for burnishing edges .
I was and still am a holster / saddle maker in heart . I've seen all types of remedies . Not to say all were right or all were wrong , but there has been some stanges stories out there .
Wetting the leather will not hurt your leather , but what ever you use , wet the leather all other evenly , or you will get spotting .
I'm not trying to insult anyone , but I've done many holster fitting and I was merely suggesting what I have seen work best in my opinion .
HSGI
Gene

Page generated in 0.02982 seconds with 8 queries