View Single Post
Old October 22, 2013, 09:20 PM   #107
TennJed

Bubbas VS Purists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoredman View Post
I've been thinking about this thread for a while now.

Am I a Bubba?

I want to teach myself some gunsmithing, what am I going to use as the platform for my self education?

I think I will go down to the local pawn dude, he just received a shipment of old Mosin rifles. He's selling them really cheap!

I now have something ( the Mosin) that didn't cost me a whole lot and I can tear it apart, rebuild it! If I hack it up, I'm not out a whole pot full of money!

Am I a Bubba?

I might be, but that old cheap Russian military rifle taught me a bunch and didn't cost me a ton of cash!
That is a perfect example of using this hobby the right way. Some guys like to tinker. It can be fun to customize and play around with ideas. Cheap military surplus makes perfect sense. GUNS SHOULD BE FUN.

I understand historical significance and I respect people that don't want to modify, but they should respect someone who is enjoying the hobby. I get board just looking at my guns. Sometimes shooting them isn't enough. I like to tinker. So call me bad names if you like, but I am doing what I am supposed to do. ENJOY THIS HOBBY. If I want something old just because it is old, there are plenty of other things to collect

Page generated in 0.04426 seconds with 8 queries