View Single Post
Old March 30, 2014, 11:24 PM   #27
Metal god

Quote:
Just had an idea. Would that process work with setting my die? Just blackon the shoulder back off my die and work in slowly until i see where it contacts the shoulder.
No but you have the right idea . You can do that with cases that are to Long from the shoulder to the head for your chamber . You don't have to make any marks though . Put the empty cases in the chamber and close the bolt . If the bolt does not close turn your die in 1/32 of a turn( or how ever much these other guys say it could be 1/64 ) and size again . Try to chamber . Keep doing this till your bolt closes with no resistance . The case is now close to perfect for that chamber and the die is set now to size your cases to that size .

The problem your going to have right now is . Your cases are fire formed to your chamber so they should chamber no problem and should not make a mark . Even if they did and the bolt closed . That would be the max length you could size your brass . At that point you would need some way to compare that sized case to others you are sizing to make them the same . I use these http://www.midwayusa.com/product/479...ProductFinding and they work great . Bart and or Guffey make there own and could give you an idea how to do that .

That all being said . If your brass is like the picture that was shown above ( not mine the ones in post #8 ) you may be fine . Those cases look normal to me and I'd load them again .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Last edited by Metal god; March 30, 2014 at 11:30 PM.

Page generated in 0.02443 seconds with 8 queries