View Single Post
Old July 14, 2000, 11:12 PM   #10
Ron Ankeny

Ah yes, the age old question of "civil disobedience" has been discussed by about every philosopher since Adam. Now we call it "situational ethics". We simply assume we are all special people with special circumstances and then we develop our own ethical code around what we believe to be moral and proper.

Here is an example:

I see nothing wrong with a trophy hunter killing a 400 B&C bull elk just to hang it on the wall and then give the meat away. Indeed, I pay to have my big game processed and then give it to needy people. Yes, I hunt for sport and I give the meat to the less fortunate. This is perfectly legal, and even admirable according to some. But some of you would have me belive I am unethical and a miserable example of the human race because I hunt for sport. Forget the fact that I am feeding people and helping to manage game herds by assisting to meet management objectives. I like to hunt trophy game therefore I am an [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color].

Then we have the party hunters. You know, the guy who shoots his friend's, (wife's or kid's) game animal then the friend tags it. In Wyoming this is illegal and unethical and people who do this are considered "slob" hunters and are arrested. In other states the same act is perfectly legal and accepted practice. I guess it just depends on the situation...

Page generated in 0.02281 seconds with 8 queries