View Single Post
Old July 31, 2013, 12:56 PM   #70
allaroundhunter

Quote:
I do. If you're on your last bullet. The slide on a semi auto will lock back. Indicating 'empty.' If the BG is not dead, he now knows your gun is useless, for the time being. A revolver has no indication when it's out of ammo. Sure it's possible to count shots, but the BG doesn't know if you have a 5,6,7,8,9,10 shot revolver. If your last shot didn't put the BG down, at least you still have the implication of a credible threat to him/her. You might get lucky and walk the BG out of the front door, with your gun's muzzle against he back of his/her neck. It's preferable to having an empty semi auto, with the slide locked back, IMO.
So, you actually need to shoot again and get a *click* with the revolver because you weren't warned that you were out of ammo.... Then what? Reloading a revolver is not always as quick as reloading a semi auto.

If someone sees my gun go into slide-lock, then they have about half a second to make a move before my gun is back in action. Considering how long it takes a human brain to react to stimuli, they have about .2-.3 seconds to react. They can try something, but I will have my semi auto back up and running much more quickly than you will have a revolver.

Page generated in 0.03593 seconds with 8 queries