View Single Post
Old April 5, 2006, 06:08 PM   #5
llkoolkeg

I lived in NVA for 25 years before fleeing(the traffic and crime) to Frederick, MD. For handguns, I shot at Gilberts, Blue Ridge Arsenal and Shooters Paradise. I preferred Shooters Paradise in Woodbridge b/c it was a little cheaper and I liked renting guns just to try them out in addition to the ones I brought, e.g. .50AE Desert Eagle. For rifles, I shot at Clarks Brothers and for shotguns, Clarks or the Bull Run clays course. Oddly enough, I've never shot at the NRA Range even though I'm a Life Member.

I really got spoiled, though, when I went to college. There was an Army Corps of Engineers FREE 25/50/75/100 yard outdoor shooting range in Blacksburg across from Pandapas Pond on RTE 460 that I would visit at least once a week. You would donate a few bucks to pay for the target frames and then blast until content. I would bring my fishing tackle, firearms, mountain bike and golf clubs and leave my place at 4:00am...fish until 8:00am, shoot until 11:00am(or until other yokels arrived), bike until 3:00pm and then hit a couple buckets of balls at the driving range on the way home back to Radford. The advantage of this arrangement was that I often had interesting things on hand to shoot at besides paper, e.g. extra range golf balls, balloons, etc.

I miss it so bad that I'm planning a long weekend excursion back there real soon with all my stuff so that I can camp, boat, fish, shoot, golf and bike like I used to before I became Mr. Married W. Children.
shot down on the pavement or waiting on death row?
you can crush us, you can bruise us but you'll have to answer to
OHHHH-oh the guns of Brixton"

---The Clash

Page generated in 0.02605 seconds with 8 queries