View Single Post
Old December 10, 2013, 07:52 AM   #20
zincwarrior

Quote:
Does it have to be IDPA or self practice?
Sadly, I'm not within convenient driving range of anywhere that they have any organized shooting sports, but it seems like it could only be a good thing. As others have pointed out it provides you with an opportunity to work on a lot of valuable skills, and while under a certain level of stress.

You don't want to take it too seriously, and you probably are going to want your self practice to include more than just the skills you need to do well in matches, but it seems like it would be a fun way to get a lot of good training in. And a good way to meet people who might be able to point you in the direction of other good local opportunities.
Indeed. If you're just Joe Shmo its an excellent way to have fun and whet your shooting skills. Is everything applicable? Of course not. Its a scenario driven game. But its helpful in offering up differing scenarios, practical shooting, using cover as second nature, and won't break your wallet in doing it. I will typically run my actual CC rig every two months and find that to be very helpful.

Page generated in 0.03748 seconds with 8 queries