View Single Post
Old December 25, 2011, 10:05 PM   #52
Sheikyourbootie

"hmmmm an agressive service dog ? I suspect this is a contridiction in training methodology, or terminology. You trained this service dog to be aggressive ? Intentionally ? On the other hand do you have an aggressive assault dog that you use your wife's condition to label your dog a service dog ? "

I trained him. The aggressiveness stemmed from the dog knowing who belonged and who didn't. As far as him biting the POS trying to break in...hell yes I rewarded the behavior.

Trained him to get her for answering the door, phone (tty), oven timer, baby crying. Trained him to stay on her left side whenever walking, and to only stop her if she was headed into danger. That dog would die to protect her or my kid. I miss that dog, as he was the best hearing dog/hunting dog and guardian we ever had.

As far as "labeling" him a service dog, for example...to get him into hotels/restaurants, no, we never did that. There are things I wanted him to do to help her around the house. Protection was one of them. He was docile to those who belonged in our house/yard.

Page generated in 0.02911 seconds with 8 queries