View Single Post
Old February 18, 2000, 08:01 PM   #19
GKT

You're killin' me!

I've gotten the gun out twice and have really enjoyed it. I don't have much basis for comparison but it seems to fit me pretty well. I did have a slight problem when I started out with the gun thumping me in the cheek...just a matter of figuring out how best to get around it. But I shot a couple 17s and one 19 last week on the 16-yard...can't seem to break 20!

I've been using Federal 7.5 shot, 1 1/8 ounce and a gentleman suggested I go down to 1 oz. to help cut down on recoil. I'll be giving that a try next week. The 870 is also lighter than the 1100 I tried out my first time out...and that took a little getting used to.

My biggest problem is figuring out what to do with my eyes. I'm cross-dominant (posted on this last week) and am still trying to get it dialed in. But like most things in life, the less I think about it, the more accurate I am. Go figure.

But all in all, I love it! Thanks for the great advice. I'm going to take a trap class sometime this month and am befriending a couple older guys at the range...hopefully I'll have a chance to try their O/U to compare.

This trap thing is waaaaaaay to addictive!

Page generated in 0.02139 seconds with 8 queries