View Single Post
Old January 27, 2013, 09:43 PM   #168
HiBC

Currently the background check in Colorado is backed up about 10 days.I pass just fine,its only been days since I picked up my 30-40 Krag.

I have a far better proposal for making my grandchildren safe in the schools.Parents have the ultimate responsibilty for the safety of their children.If parents determine the kids are not safe at school,then they should keep their kids home until the school becomes a secure place.

IMO,the very best people to understand and provide that security are today's Greatest Generation of professionals who have been shot at,and shot back.

I think the men and women who have served as MP's in our current conflicts,for example,may know something about keeping an area secure.

Plainclothes,security cameras,monitors,communication devices,and a fewfolks on premises who are trained with arms who can be called upon

That is how you keep the kids safe.

Alabama Shooter,you are practicing Alynski.

You say I do not understand the role of government in our society.

I know enough about the founding of this nation,our Constitution,and the thoughts of our founders as expressed by the Federalist Papers and the Declaration of Independence to know that Individual Liberty is the cornerstone of principle for our nation.

I know our founders were wisely and correctly concerned about the Federal Government itself not understanding the role of government in our society.I know they understood human weakness,corruption,lust for power,and the abuses of tyranny.

And so these great men crafted a document defining the role of government,and limiting the role of government ,in our society.The second Liberty they placed on our Bill of Rights,right after Freedom of Expression and Religion,was the Right to Keep and Bear Arms,with the understanding,per Federalist Papers,those arms were to prevent tyranny of government.

You accuse me of tinfoil hattery.Cute,Dismissive.Alynski.

Myself,and others who recognise your position,stand as stewards of that Liberty defined by our founders and granted us by God.

Yes,our freedom has been eroded and corrupted by bad law .Benjamin Franklin said"Those who sacrifice Liberty for Security shall have neither"(paraphrased)

He foresaw people like you,and Feinstein,and Biden...He warned us.

The line must stop here.No more!

No more shall we compromise the Liberty of ourselves,our children,our grandchildren,our nation.

Universal background check can only be enforced by universal inventory,registration,and audit.

History has shown where that goes.

Page generated in 0.03416 seconds with 8 queries