View Single Post
Old September 4, 2011, 12:36 PM   #477
Sevens

Meh, there's a few things at work here.

Some guy buys a .327 for WHATEVER reason. Could be any reason of a dozen or more... but he ends up with one.

If he's the hobbyist type that does more than simply buy a box of factory ammo and rip through it once every few months, he explores the round, probably makes his own ammo and learns to love it. The hobbyist takes pride in being a little bit different.

And when you get a bunch of hardcore hobbyist-type enthusiasts gathered on a discussion forum, and roll a thread of THIS length, it almost seems like a loud, passionate army of hardcore .327 Federal guys.

The reality is that it's simply not. Go to a gun show... You can find a dozen 75 year old gun cranks who eat, sleep and crap guns and haul their van load of stuff to a show 3 days out of every 7-day week that know absolute squat about the .327 Federal outside of the fact that they couldn't sell it, nobody ever asks about it and they maybe haven't even actually seen one with their own eyes.

Quote:
I was just trying to rationalize why it is not so very popular.
Basically... it's because only one big gun maker is chambering it... The factory ammo selection is all being handled by one company (and quite poorly) and the support for the round by component makers and load data publishers is just this side of non-existent.

It arrived at a really tough time in the industry and that has had a MAJOR affect on it's success. And it's parents, ATK, have their heads way, WAY up their butts.

For the average Joe Sixpack gun store visitor (not the hardcore hobbyist type that hangs out at TFL Forums dissecting everything related to guns), it just barely even pops up on the radar. Wal-Mart doesn't sell .327 Federal Ammo. Glock and Kimber don't build a gun that shoots it.

Page generated in 0.03575 seconds with 8 queries