Thread: Aimpoint PRO
View Single Post
Old August 16, 2013, 02:43 PM   #25
globemaster3

Quote:
if you don't have the ability to turn the QRP knob every once in awhile then you probably shouldn't be handling a rifle in the first place......
As I see it, that's not the point... Murphy's Laws of Combat # whatever.... If it can go wrong, it will. The time you shouldn't be worrying about your optic mount is when you have to use it in a crisis situation.

"Yeah, I tightened it up before I shot last time, but is it loose now?" Talk about an opener to OCD...

I deployed with an M-4 last year with similar mount for the M-68 and checked the tightness 2X over 6 months. It was never loose. That was with 36 convoy ops worth of banging around in vehicles, and multiple outside the wire events with the local Afghan unit I was advising. Had I found it loose either time, I might have thought about getting a replacement.

Now, Palmetto, since I have not had time to touch a few of my rifles in a while (in fact, I've got some I have not shot since purchased new 4 months ago!), should I just send my whole lot to you...

"We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control."

Page generated in 0.03457 seconds with 8 queries