View Single Post
Old October 24, 2008, 10:01 AM   #18
GPossenti

Here's the problem with this thread (and many others like it).

The original question assumes the BG is only interested in taking your car, and that you know he only wants to take your car.

In a real life situation you may not know that's all the BG wants. You don't know what the BG is willing to do to you to take your car. You don't know if the BG is a case of road rage wanting to shoot you or beat you senseless. You don't know anything other than a guy is approaching your car with a gun. You won't know that he only wants your car until he drives off and leaves you behind. You can only assume he intends to hurt you.

What if your kids or your wife is in the car and he takes you out of the car?

I wouldn't shoot if the guy is driving off with my car, ESPECIALLY if I have family in the car. However, if he has a gun and he's getting into my car but hasn't driven off yet, and I'm able to access my gun, I might shoot him before he starts driving.

Things to think about:

1) You are always responsible for your bullets and their destruction. If you shoot at a moving vehicle, what else or whom else might you hit?

2) If the carjacker is struck with the bullet and unable to control the vehicle. You then have a deadly weapon out of control moving down the road. You may be responsible for the damage the vehicle causes.

Page generated in 0.03345 seconds with 8 queries