Thread: A Fox, Hunting
View Single Post
Old December 19, 2013, 12:30 AM   #17
big al hunter

Quote:
if glare was a problem, success would increase only if the fox was lookin' west or east, not directly at the magnetic pole.
What are the odds that the fox is looking directly at magnetic north even 1% of the attempts that are somewhat North facing. Much less for 75% of attempts. 1 in 100, 1 in 1000, probably more. For magnetic north to aid in the capture of a mouse when only facing north the Fox would have to be very close to jumping directly north. The gaust field created by the magnetic polarity of the earth radiates in lines from North to south in a straight line. If the fox is off of North by 1 degree he will miss the target by 1 1/2 inches if he jumps 7 feet toward the mouse. If the Fox is off 4 degrees he misses by 6 inches. No mouse snacks at 4 degrees off the alignment. If it was alignment with magnetic polarity the Fox should be able to have equal odds of catching a mouse while facing north or south.

My point about sun glare is that it comes from the south all day. Looking east or West at least 1 eye is catching glare.

Don't get me wrong on this next point, I am not saying it is impossible that the Fox is using magnetic guidance, just not very likely.
Quote:
I'm also thinkin' that more than one expert has come to the same conclusion,otherwise, the theory would have rebuked by peers.
Did they talk about it with their peers before putting it on T.V.? And they don't say how long or under what conditions they observed the fox. It is just a theory. A nearly impossible to prove theory.

Page generated in 0.02435 seconds with 8 queries