View Single Post
Old June 12, 2012, 05:49 PM   #3
10-96

I'm not sure we're all on the same sheet of music as far as "How far do scopes go". The 16 power scope by all rights should increase the magnification 7 times more than the 9 power scope. That does not mean the target or object of peepage is 7 times larger, just 7 times more magnifyed. Neither one will make the rifle shoot farther, it will simply let you see the target in larger magnification. Unless you get frequent days with zero wind- I'm not too sure how that 200yd plan will work with a .22lr, but you may have a knack for it.

Bushnell Banners are their budget line. I'm guessing the crosshairs will be kinda broad unless your target is quite large. And with the scopes you mention- you'll have no idea if you're even on paper unless you have a pretty decent spotting scope or you walk to the target line pretty frequently. They have been around for quite a few years, and have held up well for even the guys shooting larger centerfires. If you are on a budget- they are functional.

Edit: If that is pretty much the top of your budget- I would like to humbly suggest you take a peek at the Mueller line of scopes.

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.

Page generated in 0.03523 seconds with 8 queries