View Single Post
Old January 9, 2013, 10:52 PM   #66
cdbeagle

Quote:
Will you all at least agree that there are different tiers of firearms and a low tier firearms should not be used for self defense. I don't mean to insinuate that everyone should spend 546465464 on their next defensive handgun. Then again I am not willing to trust my life to a Jimez, Tarus, or High Point.

For me Glock, Ruger, Smith, Remington, Sig, FN, Kahr, Kimber etc are all reliable for self defense. I think a lemon can exist among any of these but you are much more likely to end up with reliability.
Forgive my forwardness since I am new to this forum but isn't the above statement exactly the type of comment this thread is about? After reading it I feel better all over than I do anywhere else.

There are so many impotent bedwetters posting on firearms forums they are almost not fun to read anymore. For what it is worth I've seen less slamming on this forum than I have on most of the ones I read.

My pet peeve is when a snob slams the purchase of another's firearm as cheap and inferior. All you can afford is all you can afford. Be happy for the purchaser. I have owned rifles and shotguns all my life but never bought a handgun until five years ago. It was a cheapie Stoeger Cougar. I glad I wasn'r reading Firearms forums back then or I would have probably had to start seeing a therapist to overcome my shame from buying such an inexpensive pistol. I now own a Colt Cobra, Detective Special, BuckMark Camper, SP-01 Tactical and a CZ 83 but the old Stoeger is special to me and always will be.

I think there are more funny comments in this one thread than any I have ever read before. Cool Beans.

Page generated in 0.03492 seconds with 8 queries