View Single Post
Old October 3, 2010, 08:18 PM   #26
therealdeal

Quote:
No. In MI (and I assume the state OP is referring to), in this situation, if you respond with force, you will be charged with murder. You have no legal right to be where you are (because you are armed) and thus any actions you take will not be treated as a justifiable homicide. This is the real world, where actions have consequences and heroes don't exist. The only reason to open yourself up to the criminal and civil liabilities of this is if your life is directly threatened. Unless you want to be a test case. There is absolutely no reason to leave your fortified area to save the damsels in distress.
SEFNER,

what makes you so vigilant and understanding of LIFE. no offense, but I don't take what you say as the Gospel. read my post. I never said one thing about being a hero or leaving the room, so stop jumping on the bandwagon because I went down in flames on the other thread. I don't care if I am on mars or in michigan or a taxi driver for venus. If a hospital gets locked down and the PA says there is a loose gunman inside and a nurse gets killed right down the hall(on the same floor as I said), I will not hesitate in using deadly force whether you like it or not. As far as being bruce willis and looking for this guy; I never said that, so keep your visions to yourself please.

Quote:
This is the real world, where actions have consequences and heroes don't exist.
you might be on the real world, but the world I live in does have heroes and I can name many.

"Abraham Lincoln freed all men, but Sam Colt made them all equal." (post Civil War slogan)

Page generated in 0.03913 seconds with 8 queries