View Single Post
Old October 31, 2005, 11:43 AM   #28
stephen426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law Boy
we have a multi billion dollar industry in this country to deal with the situation where someone accidently bumps you or your car. It is called the insurance industry, and everyone in the country who drives is required by law to be a part of that industry. If you are insured, and an "accident" happens, there is no need to get upset at the person who hit you. Accidents happen. We all know that, that is why we have an insurance industry and laws mandating insurance. So, when you are in an accident, you don't have to teach anybody anything, or get mad, or reprimand the guy who hit you. You knew before you ever met this person, that someone could hit you on accident, or you them. All you have to do is exit your car if you are not injured, smile at the guy, inquire if he is hurt or needs help, then exchange insurance information, get a police report, and go on your merry way. File your claim, and work it out like civilized people in a civilized society that has had the foresight to develop an industry to resolve these issues long before you were ever born. The yelling, name calling, and "teaching a lesson to a moron," who may be smarter, better educated, higher paid and a superior citizen to you, is so god damn ignorant that it is hard to believe anyone carrying a gun every day would even have those kinds of thoughts. Jesus Christ. Grow up.
Law Boy,

What if the guy that hit your car blames you for the accident and then starts berating you when it was either their own carelessness, stupidity, or both that caused the accident. I'm not advocating violence, just stating the fact that there are a lot of stupid people out there.

As for insurance, where do you live? How much do you pay? What is your deductable? I live in South Florida and our insurance rates are among the highest in the nation (due to our incredible driving skill of our population ). I have full umbrella coverage ($10 million) to protect people from sueing my business. My deductable is $1000. If I make a claim my insurance will go up. Now do you think that it is fair for me to pay God knows how much more a year because some jack*ss can't drive worth a crap? I wil lbe civil but he or she had better take responsibility for their actions. I will call the police and get a report. I'm sorry if I'm not as nice or calm as you but I'm not going to be all nice if they start talking crap and it is their fault!

One other thing... If you know so much about the insurance industry, you will also know that they are not into the business of losing money. When people make claims, they jack up the rates. Plain and simple. I'm just wondering how badly I'm going to get shafted for my wind storm and flood insurance.

Page generated in 0.02042 seconds with 8 queries