View Single Post
Old September 8, 2004, 10:10 PM   #4
trapperready

Sounds great! Of course, it doesn't top the "nekkid guy on the windmill". I read that one to my wife, and she not only laughed out loud, but snorted while she did so. Which for her is saying a lot!

Personally, I've been out 3 times in the last 4 days. If you added them all up, I'm still short of a daily limit. I went out this late this afternoon, and while I would estimate that I had at least 1500 birds pass directly overhead, only 3 were doves. The majority were red-winged blackbirds, sparrows or grackles in huge flights.

The frustrating thing was that at about 6:30PM I wasn't seeing anything, but I heard two different groups of hunters open up about a half mile down the road. From the amount of shooting, I figure they must have had a bunch of doves come in (or they were shooting at each other ).

My dog remains pretty spotty on finding the birds. There've been a couple lost in the long grass or thickets, and he just doesn't seem to be very good at sniffing them out unless he's almost right on top of them. I'm just going to have to work more with him in the yard.

Page generated in 0.03417 seconds with 8 queries