View Single Post
Old April 8, 2005, 10:52 PM   #1
Travis Bickle

Another Scenario. What Would You Do?

You are driving a car, you have the right of way, make a turn in front of this guy, who mistakenly thinks you took his right of way. He gets all pissed at you and it becomes obvious he is chasing you. You give it the gas, but can't lose him. You go for your cellphone, and it does not work. You would drive to the nearest police station, but you are unfamiliar with the area. He continues to chase you through parking lots, through traffic lights, tailgating at times, but never ramming. Looking in your mirror, you can see he is HIGHLY pissed and looks VERY menacing. You are packing. What is your next move?

This happened to me a couple of years ago, all except the packing part (my CCW should be ready any day now).

What actually ended up happening was, I ran this stop light, but my agressor did not. I found out why about twenty yards further: a cop car was at the other side of the light. He must have seen it, although I did not until I passed him. I just floored it and made a couple of judicious turns and it was done.

It was a chase, in a congested area, and was dangerous, and it did not seem that I would be able to lose him. If I was packing, I'm not sure what would have happened. But because an armed defense was not an option, it was not an option. I have to admit, I may have been sorely tempted to open a window, stop, hop out and take an attack stance with my revolver behind my car door.

I think I have a better option, which I will share once I get some other thoughts. But I'm not sure, which is why I'm asking.

Page generated in 0.02364 seconds with 8 queries