View Single Post
Old December 31, 2013, 10:45 AM   #27
RBid

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoG36 View Post
I agree with this. Glock was great in the 80's and 90's, but there are much better options available that are just as reliable, and have the same or better mag capacity.

For the life of me, I still don't understand the love affair people have with Glock. They fit your hand like a brick. They are unnecessarily bulky. Glock's trigger is average. Their plastic sights are a joke. As for aftermarket parts, why would you have to change out parts on "Perfection"?

I have owned several Glocks when I was new to pistols, and they did one thing well- they went bang every time I pulled the trigger. Other than that, I wasn't really impressed.

IMO, the M&P is a much better gun than the Glock 17 as far as ergonomics go. Other than that, they are both high capacity, reliable guns. Not much difference there.

Now if I had the opportunity to own a Glock 18, I'd be all over it. I'll leave the rest to the Kool Aid drinkers

The 'brick' thing is overstated. They have squarish grips, but at 1.18" wide, they are NOWHERE NEAR as bulky as people claim they are-- in 9 or .40, anyway. Yes, the stock sights are terrible. No argument, there. Yes, the M&P grips are more comfortable in hand during fondling. In live fire, I don't notice any difference at all in how the grips feel, other than angle.

My personal appreciation for Glocks has nothing to do with Kool Aid, and everything to do with the facts. Specifically, that the 19 frame gives me an easy to conceal firearm with a 4" bbl, which eats up recoil and shoots flat, is easy to be accurate with, holds 15+1, works every time, and which I've been able to find mags and holsters for on the wall of many local shops. I understand that there are a lot of people who get them "because cops use them" or because many big names do. That doesn't change the fact that they are very user friendly.

Page generated in 0.05086 seconds with 8 queries