View Single Post
Old February 7, 2012, 12:25 AM   #37
WyMark

Quote:
Glenn E. Meyer
That's it folks. I'm on the side of gun rights trumping property rights if you open for business to the general public. My call on the battle of rights. Life trumps your property. You don't have to have a business open to the public, just as folks say you don't have to go there.
I (still) respectfully disagree. My property, my rules. You don't have a right to enter my business simply because it's open to the public. "No Shirt, No Shoes: No Service" is pretty universally understood, how is "No Shirt, No Shoes, a Gun: No Service" that different? Simply because I'm open to the public doesn't mean I have to accept anything and everything that comes along.

"We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" is valid, as long as it's not based on race, color, religion, or natural origin. Self protection is not at this time considered a protected class. Maybe someday, but not today.

Suppose that Jared's arms and trains all of it's employees, and that while you're browsing for a Valentine's gift for the Mrs someone comes in waving a gun. You pull your ccw to protect yourself, but now you've become another potential bad guy. Could you fault the sales clerk for putting you down as well?

Page generated in 0.03899 seconds with 8 queries