View Single Post
Old May 29, 2005, 04:58 PM   #6
Sturm

I'm not particularly fond of PP, sorry, it's just an abreviation, not an oppinion! AA#5 would be the better choice. PP is a brilliant flasher and #5 has very low flash. I'm glad you mentioned the Golden Saber Load. It is an excellent choice for smaller .357 magnum defense guns and since it is defense ammo, shoot it at night and compare it to a similar handload using PP, once will be enough so don't construct too many! Since you have #5, by all means!

If you want to be in High Cotton, Try AA#7, it is a gem for this and even with cast bullets. If it is available to you, try Ramshot True Blue and you will get the accuracy few can match, except for maybe #7 and flash will be at the lowest level obtainable. Velocity can be taken to true magnum level and your load density will be much better. Either of these two powders, or VV 3N37 or N-350 will do the same. All of them will easily get you a duplication load of the 125 gr. GS and so will #5. VV is definitly more expensive and True Blue is a very good alternative to it. #7, is a sure bet!

I stated this to another shooter at another forum and he followed the advice and we were both rewarded by the result!

Page generated in 0.02166 seconds with 8 queries