View Single Post
Old March 13, 2007, 03:14 PM   #118
Jeff Randall

The point, that many seem to miss, is no matter what the substance is it only becomes *truly* criminal when it is used to harm an innocent being. Not merely because it has the "potential" to harm. Be it oxygen, water, cars, drugs, guns, Navy Batlleships, sex toys, or dynamite.

Then we add the fact that I have to stand in line and let the pharmacist "approve" of me if I want a box of Sudafed because my damn nose it stopped up, or sign a form if I buy a ton of Triple 13 Fertilizer to use on my farm, or pay a 200 dollar tax stamp, wait for approval, and then visit my sheriff to be fingerprinted simply because I would like to hush up my rifle so the neighbors won't bitch and take me to civil court when I shoot their dogs killing my calves on MY property.

By not allowing me to possess items freely (that have no way of hurting anyone without a criminal mind/hand manipulating them) then you are saying that I'm not to be trusted until I prove myself to someone who is "trusted." My God, I've never even had a speeding ticket and some of the politicians and LEos I have to "prove" myself to have a rap sheet. Go Figure.

Granting the "right to possess" certain things to a mere few that are assumed to be working for the safety and best interest of the whole is bull****. A fine example of this is the abuse of the Patriot Act by the Department of Justice.

I know it's the system and it's a system that I abide by, but my point is a criminal act requires a criminal hand. Prosecute, imprison and kill (if need be) the criminal once an injured party (person/body/human) exists.

The problem with our system is we want it both ways. Even though I'm for Individualism and don't believe in victimless crimes, I still say if we're going to fight or war then let's do it and go froward - balls to the wall. For example, we want to fight a war on drugs but instead of just saying all bets are off and we're going to fight it, we allow political correctness to creep in. We make things illegal at the public or politician's outcry then they're the first to scream "foul" when we dole out harsh punishment or suffer a little collateral damage. The illegal immigration issue is a fine example of this as well as the Iraq war.

We have tied the hands of our LEOs on the street through political correctness, we have attempted to tie the hands of the CIA and OGAs operating overseas fighting an enemy that is dead set on killing all of us with any means possible. We have "peace" groups screaming about human rights in Guantanamo. We have prosecuted soldiers fighting a war because they humiliated the enemy. I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with all of that but I do know the only way to "win" is to not suffer fools or worry about political correctness. Be the meanest, toughest, biggest, baddest, sonofabitch on the block, or don't fight at all. In the end, I'm for the United States of America - 110 percent. I could care less if we step on toes and violate human deceny overseas.On the flip side of that, I DO care if we violate the Rights of an American citizen, even if it's just a little bit.

Page generated in 0.03197 seconds with 8 queries