View Single Post
Old August 28, 2001, 03:09 PM   #12
FPrice

Cheapo....

Without knowing anything about you I feel that I can safely assume that you have either a law enforcement background, are military....OR have a high degree of common sense!

You have pinpointed the problem with a high degree of accuracy. The scenario outside is such that it would raise my situational awareness level to DEFCON 2, but no higher. Even with all that has been said about the person outside, there is no justification for firing your weapon, and you have no idea what else is going on or who else may be nearby. To show your hand too early could be disasterous, and possibly fatal to you or a potentially innocent person.

I would defintely have my weapon in my hand, most likely hidden at my side, and I would be extremely alert to any and all sounds, motions, etc. (at least as much as I could be).

One of the problems with this discussion may have been that many people seemed to know the scenario and "knew" that this was a bad guy, thereby letting that knowledge color their responses. YOu just can't do that in real life. Hard as it may be, you HAVE to wait for justification to shoot, you can't assume it.

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

Page generated in 0.03215 seconds with 8 queries