View Single Post
Old February 4, 2014, 10:07 AM   #2
AK103K

If you live in central PA, you get used to going for a ride if youre looking for anything.

Shyda's in Lebanon is about as good as it gets in central PA, if your used to shops with a big selection and good prices. Thats probably about an hour and a half from you down 81.

Theres also Cabelas, which is about an hour in the same direction. Although you do have to watch their pricing. Just walking around in there will keep you busy too.

Youngs in Northumberland has a decent selection for a small shop. They are about an hour down 11 from you.

I live a half hour west of the Susquehanna, and out here, most shops are small and dont have much of an inventory. What inventory they do have, is geared more towards hunting too. Prices vary a good bit, and more often than not, arent always that great. Shyda's is an hour and a half from me as well, and I have yet to find anything like it for price or selection. Ive heard of Grices, just havent got out there yet.

If you go an hour and a half towards Philly, just south of Allentown, you will find a lot more shops with a bigger, wider selection, and a lot more variety. At least there, it wont feel like you wasted the gas driving around, although its congested and annoying driving wise.

Out here, more often than not, its often a disappointing drive, and the shops that are listed, often are no longer there or open, when you do get there. Id call first before you go. Still, central PA is very pretty if you like to drive.

Page generated in 0.02001 seconds with 8 queries