View Single Post
Old April 24, 2014, 06:01 AM   #15
The_Meteorologist

Thanks for the replies. From a business and marketing standpoint, I agree with the points made by Amp, Wyosmith, and RX-79G, but I also tend to agree with Pond, Chris, and Fiream29. If supply and demand and manufacturing/costs of materials told the whole story, I would expect even the "cheapest" AR-15s to retail no less than 2000 dollars given the complexities of manufacturing, the mass of materials, and their current popularity. I still find most handguns seemingly overpriced, but perhaps that is only because I tend to choose from the popular and highly reviewed. It could also be incredibly good marketing and advertising campaigns. Perhaps it could be the very nature of the intended use of handguns, self defense. Perhaps people are more willing to pay a premium for perceived quality when it comes to their well-being. I do believe there are other intangibles that dictate the handgun markets somewhat high prices. Supply and demand is huge, but the psychology of personal self defense (which I will admit is eventually inherently tied to supply and demand) seems to add an artificial premium, IMHO.

Last edited by The_Meteorologist; April 24, 2014 at 06:09 AM.

Page generated in 0.02916 seconds with 8 queries