View Single Post
Old October 16, 2012, 10:58 AM   #4
BigJimP

Since you want to shoot some clay targets...a good pump gun is a good idea ...with a 28" barrel. You'll have a lot more fun with it - than an 18" barrel for clays ( longer sight plane really helps on flying targets).

You already have some "tactical handguns" ...so adding a purely fighting shotgun to the mix makes no sense to me / when you can add instead a more versatile shotgun with a 28" barrel ...and while it may not be optimal for "Fighting" its just fine for Defense.

Remington 870's are decent guns ...they make a lot of models ...on their high end is the Wingmaster version - nice gun. Value for resale on Remington 870's, with the exception of the wingmaster..isn't very high or consistent / they just make too many - and they're always on sale.

A pump gun that does hold its value is the Browning BPS Hunter model - 12ga, 28" barrel....and they're selling new for around $ 600 ...and if you take care of it, selling it down the road is no big deal / and it'll probably hold most of its value or even appreciate depending on what happens with prices on the new ones in yrs to come. Browning makes other models of the BPS - but the Hunter model is a strong selling model / and has been for over 30 yrs ( I still have my BPS Hunter models in 12ga and 20ga that I bought in the late 70's )...still solid guns / been thru 2 boys - and me - and some grandkids as training guns.

So my vote goes to Browning BPS Hunter model ...or 870 Wingmaster. If you with a used gun / make sure it has changeable screw in chokes - to make it versatile.

Page generated in 0.02211 seconds with 8 queries