Thread: Recoil Question
View Single Post
Old July 28, 2011, 10:42 AM   #1
SteelChickenShooter

Recoil Question

I'm not seeing the accuracy I expected out of my H&R Ultra 20ga single shot trying to dial in sabots for deer this season. I doubt my ability to take a deer at 150 or 200 yards like I intended. A zeroing session begins fine, but the more I shoot the worse I get. I've failed to take a long distance shot because I'm so bad at 100 yards. Kicks pretty hard. I noticed when shooting trap that guys with autoloaders don't get so much kick at all. Granted we were shooting low brass trap loads- but still, the autoloaders appeared easier on the shoulder. Would the same be true if I were to buy an autoloader for sabot type slugs? Maybe if I wasn't getting kicked like a mule I'd be able to shoot it more accurately. The ballistic charts and the makers info for the slugs I'm using suggest 150 to 200 yards should be Ok. Maybe I could get that with a different gun, but I seriously doubt I can do that with my present single shot. Deer hunters, shotgun shooters, muzzle blasters, please share your experience along this line.

Page generated in 0.03063 seconds with 8 queries