View Single Post
Old July 23, 2010, 07:52 AM   #1
Magnum Wheel Man

Question for the LEO's... would you call this concealed ???

1st off Minnesota offers a permit to carry... not necessarily conceiled, but they really encourage it...

I've been carrying ( on occasion ) a NAA mini in a Gerber Nylon knife sheath, when I want to tuck in my shirt... the knife sheath is plainly visible, but the little gun is completely contained in the sheath, & doesn't throw a gun recognisable print...

my buddy, a modern Harley biker has been looking for a better place to put his double deringer ( on his belt ) rather than stuffing it in a pocket...

... I've been putzing with building my own holsters, so I started last night by removing the big "Gerber" label off my nylon folding knife sheath... next I traced the outline of my mini on several pieces of leather & cut those out & sewed them together ( about the thickess of the gun ) next I cut out & sewed up a piece of leather about the size of my Gerber sheath, dyed it black, & sewed the Gerber label to it... stuffed the "mini" traced out leather into it, & in effect have what looks like a leather Gerber folding knife sheath, doesn't print the gun, & that now holds my mini securely & positioned correctly for easy access ( with the original knife sheath, it was a bit too long, & not stiff enough, that drawing the weapon was not smooth )

my thoughts here are a hidden in plain sight, or "camoflaged" if you will, by making up something that looks like a folding knife sheath, a multi-tool sheath, or a cell phone holster...

again, these should be legal in my state, just currios if anyone see's any issues with states who's laws reuire conceiled carry, if the holster is plainly visible, but camoflaged to look like something else ???

thanks for your opinions, thoughts or suggestions... MAG

Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man; July 23, 2010 at 08:00 AM.

Page generated in 0.02443 seconds with 8 queries