View Single Post
Old January 12, 2009, 01:00 AM   #50
BuckHammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Armstrong
Hard to claim you have stopped an attack when there are a hundred folks dead from the attack.
You made me do the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictionary.com
stop
–verb (used with object)
1. to cease from, leave off, or discontinue: to stop running.
2. to cause to cease; put an end to: to stop noise in the street.
3. to interrupt, arrest, or check (a course, proceeding, process, etc.): Stop your work just a minute.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stop
According to Dictionary.com, the attacks have stopped. Please stop insisting that the attacks have not stopped. I say they have stopped, you say they were stopped, both are true. Stop implying that only one is true. Do you understand this definition? It is very difficult to have a debate or discussion with someone who will not understand this, despite the numerous times that I have tried to make it clear. I could say that the attacks were stopped (meaning discontinued), and you could say that they were not stopped (meaning prevented) and we would both be correct!

When I make posts, and you refuse to rebut them, or answer them, you fail. I am not asking you to answer my questions in a certain way, I just want you to answer them. You do not, thus you fail.

It is very hard to argue with someone who only accepts one or two of the definitions of stop, when there are more than FORTY on the URL that I have presented. This shows ignorance and stubbornness.

Quote:
if you just want to engage in more armchair psychology about what I feel
I just want answers and clarifications. When you do not answer or clarify (on something that you have definitely NOT made clear), I have to try to figure how you might answer. If you have made clear what I ask previously, please either quote yourself, guide me to your post numbers, or just say what you mean in your next post. It really isn't that hard. I don't even see a reason for your stubborn resistance. You constantly think I'm trying to bait you into an argument:
Quote:
It is obvious that you are now just trying to bait me into an argument by sniping at me
Don't try to say you don't think that because you stated it in plain English. I am not trying to do this, not everyone is out to get you. Not everyone is luring you into an argument, just relax or something.

Quote:
If you have a legitimate question I'll be quite happy to answer it
Yes, I sure do have a legitimate question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckHammer
Do you believe that a terrorist who is commencing an attack should be attacked?
I fail to see how that is not a legitimate question and/or baiting into an argument. I don't really care how you answer. I just want an answer. I am not baiting you into an argument, if/when you answer, I promise that I will not argue with you about your answer, and if I do, then you can cite this and call me out on it.

If you notice, I have not cited the parts in your posts where you argue about the things that I declared that I will not argue about or that we agree on .

Page generated in 0.02402 seconds with 8 queries