View Single Post
Old November 28, 2000, 08:52 AM   #6
LIProgun

Eezox claims to be a lube that dries, but in my experience that is partially correct. If you apply a very thin film, as in wiping down an exterior, it does appear that the carrier evaporates. If you are applying it heavier, (e.g., a drop down a slide rail) it seems that it does not completely dry, but thickens somewhat. However, I would not describe this thickened product as gummy, it doesn't seem to attract dirt or powder fouling, and it provides good lubrication.

Years ago I used to use Prolix. That stuff evaporated completely and really did turn dry. I haven't seen it sold for years.

TW25-B is an oil that does not claim to dry, but when used in thin-film coatings might as well be dry. A gun exterior wiped down lightly with TW25-B, and then wiped with a clean cloth, feels dry to the touch. Yet the corrosion protection remains.

As for Ledbetter's question, I'm not sure. I believe Eezox is manufactured in Connecticut, and it is pretty common in gun shops here in the NY area. I used to get it in quantity by mail order from Natchez Shooters' Supply, but I think they no longer carry it.

Page generated in 0.03403 seconds with 8 queries