View Single Post
Old September 10, 2012, 06:04 PM   #59
SHR970

We have digital analytic and micro balances at work aka super accurate digital scales. I also have Omega S type load cells that are very accurate and are used for weighing items up to 5k lbs. while hanging off my crane. But that doesn't translate to a consumer grade digital powder dispensing scale. The RCBS Chargemaster 1500 (which I have) is NOT a $30 dollar scale; they cost over 10X that. It still does not change the fact that they are made in CHINA for that matter so are the others.

The reason that we are seeing issues in the last few years with these products and the varied accounts of their having accuracy or wandering issues is Chinese QC coupled with their (Chinese Companies) propensity to foist counterfeit and / or substandard products on us. Just like a Turkish made shotgun, you might get a good one or you might get a screaming hunk of junk. If you think I am making this up, just do a simple search on the net for US Government Control of Counterfeit Electronics. You'll get a lot of reading material and much of it will be from the .gov or .mil sector.

Page generated in 0.03714 seconds with 8 queries