View Single Post
Old July 5, 2011, 08:14 PM   #96
precision_shooter

Quote:
It's not Serpa hate. The Serpa is the only holster identified by name in several ND's resulting in injury, and banned by name from several training schools.

IN LE, we call that "A CLUE" that there may be a problem with it.
I hope im not the victim of a crime where you are and LE, the case would never get closed...

A true LE, would also consider the possibility that it's banned because there are too many dumb as&*$ who think they are John Rambo and don't know how to operate their equipment and cause the ND's. And the people training the class, rather than fix the problem (the shooter), they just remove the training opportunity.

Not saying it's not right, because safety of everyone involved is paramount, but if they are that unsafe, refund their money and tell them to go somewhere else. If I pay for a class, I will be using the equipment I want and am comfortable with. I wouldn't let any classroom commando tell me what equipment I can and can't use. A simple one on one evaluation of each student and their "safe" factor with their chosen equipment prior to class beginning would tell them who is safe and who is not. It would let them determine if it was the "equipment" that made them unsafe or the individuals lack of safety rules...
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Page generated in 0.02855 seconds with 8 queries