View Single Post
Old July 24, 2001, 11:35 AM   #3
ckurts

Feral pigs are classed as "nongame" animals in Texas, but I am pretty sure you still need a license. I don't remember because the only place I hunt them is on deer/turkey leases anyway.

They are a nuisance in some parts of Texas- I know for a fact that they destroy gardens, eat up feed, and get into trash bigtime. I've heard they kill chickens as well but somebody might have just been funnin' a city boy. I'm not sure that Tom Green County is one of the places with the problem, I think you're talking south Texas and part of the Hill Country.

Redleg has some good insights into the hunting situation here in Texas. Take heed of his advice, but remember that hunting is another "cash crop" for a lot of ranches. I might add that the ranchers out in west Texas I have known are a breed unto themselves; they can close those ranch gates and even if they don't have have anything else they know they've got their own piece of God's green earth for miles around. Be polite and honest without being obsequious- listen to what they have to say.

Page generated in 0.03396 seconds with 8 queries