View Single Post
Old April 5, 2013, 04:56 AM   #3
CajunBass

I've never owned a "high dollar" SXS, but I have long admired them.

Funny story. Last week I found a Parker Trogan for sale at a reasonable price. I passed on it at first, then called the shop back a few hours later and told the clerk to put it on hold for me. I went back a couple of days later and asked to see it. Fellow went and got the gun while I made a pit stop.

When I came back my wife was holding the gun. As I walked up, I thought to myself, "I don't remember it having a beavertail forearm...or a straight English stock...or a silver receiver...Ok, they got somebody elses gun. No, it's got my name on it...It is a Parker...$500.00? Maybe they're giving me an upgrade for being a good customer...Oh WAIT! That's not $500.00...that's $5,000.00. Do NOT scratch this gun."

Turned out the fellow I talked to pulled the wrong Parker. They had more than one...who knew? The one I wanted was a Trogan, the bottom of the Parker line. This one was a HGE, VGE, or some alphabet combination. It was expensive at least in my world, anyway.

But, I understand that in the world of Parkers, even that one was "inexpensive."
John 3:16 (NKJV)

Page generated in 0.03730 seconds with 8 queries