Thread: at the range
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2005, 09:43 PM   #11
Peaceful Henry

This reminds me of the worst time I've ever had at the range. I was (may still be) a certified range master. I oversaw a firing line at a private range that consisted of around 80 positions shooting at distances from 25 to 100 yards. During competitions when you would normally prohibit any gun handling when the line is down and people are out changing their targets, we allowed folks to move their guns to the next position. It was during one of these times that I was walking the line and was down at the 25 yard section. Most people were back with their targets, but there were still a few folks downrange when POW! Some ninny at the 50 benchrest fired his rifle downrange! He thought the line was hot! I couldn't beleive it! Nobody was hurt, but I was really shaken up. The shooter was, too. That's MY range when I'm rangemaster and MY resposibility to keep it safe, and I failed. I still have trouble with it today. Because of that, I haven't rangemastered since. I just don't think I'm cut out for it.

Page generated in 0.02268 seconds with 8 queries