View Single Post
Old December 25, 2012, 05:57 PM   #3
stephen426

Sorry for the delayed update...

First impressions. This gun is much lighter than I expected and weighs in at only 7 lbs. 6 oz. I thought the gun would be black, but the receiver is actually a dark green. The gun comes with 3 chokes in a nice lined hard case. The gun is super easy to assemble and disassemble with it's B-Lok system. According to the web site, it only takes 1/6 of a turn to remove the forend cap. The gun came with extra shims and a shoulder stock extender. The trigger is light and very crisp. The front sight has an orange fiber optic dot so it was very easy to aim.

I finally got it out to the range last week and did a little trap and skeet shooting. I have only gone trap shooting once before and that was many years ago, so I'd say this was my "first" real time doing it. I am much more of a pistol shooter so shooting at moving objects is quite a change of pace for me. In my first round of trap, I shot 14 out of 25. They told me that was very good for a first timer. After the initial nerves wore off, I shot 20 out of 25 (80%) my second round! I even out shot some of the guys who have ben doing it for a while.

I moved on to the skeet range was quickly humbled. It is much harder than trap since there is much more lateral movement. That required me to adjust my lead a bit. I missed quite a few more but I got the hang of it after a while.

The recoil was much less than I expected for a 12 gauge and I didn't really notice it until after I was done shooting. I didn't shoot the other guy's gun so I don't know how much of a difference it makes. Beretta claims it reduces felt recoil by 60%. Later that day, my shoulder was a little sore as was my jaw. We were shooting 2 3/4 so I'm sure 3" or even 3.5" would have hurt a bit more. Regardless, I'm pretty sure the Kick-Off system helped.

Overall, I am very impressed with this new gun. I am not much of a shot gunner, but I think I will definitely get more into the sport. I also feel much more comfortable going duck hunting now and am sure I would have bagged a few based on how I did at trap and skeet.

Page generated in 0.03939 seconds with 8 queries