View Single Post
Old October 3, 2009, 03:48 PM   #81
SigP6Carry

I'm thankful for my range. It's a semi-private range that's cheaper with a membership, but open to the public. I've yet to get a membership, but I've met the nicest people there and have to admit that I'm the only one that's had a safety issue while I was there.

At the indoor pistol range I swept a couple of nice women with their own guns when we were trying each others guns out. I don't know if it's up or down for safety in the indoor range (as it's cement EVERYTHING) and simply held the gun in an open palm aiming downrange with the slide locked back/cylinder out and no ammo in them (OF COURSE). They didn't seem to mind and one actually thanked me for treating her gun so well and being safe, but I felt bad that I muzzle flashed them both at points.

The rifle range actually makes me nervous, though. It's completely... weird. The 100yard range actually has a loading bench at 25 yards and has shooting seats set at 25, 50 and 100 yards. I fired at all the ranges there (only 22 rounds in two visits, as my Mosin likes to lock up. Now I need a membership to shoot again) But you NEED a membership to shoot there. In my two trips, I've always been the only one out there and only felt nervous when I realized that when I was shooting 25yards at the lower range, there were people shooting 50 yards at the upper range. (there's two ranges). There's no officers or supervisors anywhere at this place, it's a private club, so the people there are expected to be of higher caliber and police each other. No accidents or incidents that I know of.

Page generated in 0.03092 seconds with 8 queries