View Single Post
Old January 2, 2012, 07:51 PM   #29
tet4

Sorry to hear about your cousin. this will affect him the rest of his life like any other traumatic experience. Hopefully he can learn from it.

When you are in your car is about the most defenseless place you can be if someone walks up to you. Train crossings are even worse. Learning to leave enough room in front of you always is a very good thing to do.

A lot of times car jackings are the start of a serious crime spee. No one wants to run drugs or rob a bank driving their own car so they jack one. This is problematic because if you can't get out quickly they are going to remove you.

So my rule is that if I'm the only one in the car I'll try to get away as soon as possible. If there are others in the car there's no way I'm letting them go. One reason I got a permit was because of this particular situation when I had my kid. There's no way. Could get her out quickly and Ive decided that I am never going to get into a kidnapping situation if there's any way to stop it.

This is why I don't like to carry in the console or glove box. On body really is the only good way. Even then I would encourage everyone to actually sit in their car and try to draw with seat belt on or while getting out, etc. It could be illuminating.

Page generated in 0.03141 seconds with 8 queries