Thread: Lucky Group?
View Single Post
Old August 29, 2013, 10:08 AM   #19
Picher

I'll take good, but was very lucky with respect to wind and mirage on our normally swirly Capitol City R&P main range.

The rifle with a 3-9X Leupold 2 (LR duplex) using the new load has recently shot two consecutive groups under 3/8". I was just out there shooting with a buddy and confirming my zero, since it was a bit windy the last time. After the group, I took a couple of clicks to the left. Vertical was perfect with the third shot going into the second hole (Rt.), barely enlarging it enough to confirm the shot.

The bottom bull has a three-shot group and a clean bore shot from my .223 Rem, Tikka 595, with a 4.5-14X Mueller. The final three went into the 0.2" cloverleaf. That was my favorite .223 Rem load, which is 25 grains of A2230, CCI Primer, and Hornady 50grain SP SX bullets in Winchester cases.

(Sorry, just noticed that the bottom group was actually 0.20" not .02". Big difference! I hadn't originally intended to show that target to anyone, since it had some rimfire shots at 100 and 50 on it, so didn't look at it very carefully.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Great Group.jpg (113.9 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Picher; August 29, 2013 at 01:54 PM.

Page generated in 0.03520 seconds with 9 queries